DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2000 es with the digital climate control.Yesterday I went into the car and the blower motor would not go on.I checked the fuses annd they were all good.The display is on here the doors open & closing if I change the settings.Then about 1 1/2 hours into the drive it starts working.

Relay or sensor going bad?
What,where? any ideas?

last year a couple of time at a idle it was going up & down in speed from idle to around 2000 rpms for like 5-10 min straight then it was fine for a month or two.It is starting to do that again this year.No codes shows up..
Bad sensor?
What,where? Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

·
Registered
238 Posts
Does the blower not work at all or only on high speed - there is a control module down in the passenger side vent that controls the blower motor speed and it can go bad. If you have climate control its an electronic module, if you don't then its some large resistors and a fuse. The other possibility is the blower motor is bad.

As for the idle issue - check for vacuum hose leaks, bad pcv valve and hose assembly and cracks around the intake manifold.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,354 Posts
If it's an ATC (Digital) then it's a solid state Blower control module and not a resistor block that controls the fan. Have you tried running a diagnostic and Calibration on the ATC head unit? That info can be found in the downloadable 2002 FSM. If you don't know what the FSM is or where to find it I'll dig up a link. It sounds like it could be either the ATC head, the blower control module, wiring or even the BCM(Body Control Module). If you run the diagnostic and it throws up a code that will help in troubleshooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts