DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You can ask your dealer to enable the digital clock to be displayed continuously when the radio is off and the ignition switch is on".

Can this be done at home?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
You're not confusing this with the radio showing the clock when the ignition is OFF are you? I can't recall any radio in a 2nd gen LH that doesn't display the clock when you turn the radio off while the car is running (Ignition On).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory setting... radio off, push time & time displayed only 5 sec. (with switch on or off).

Want time displayed continually with radio off.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
What model radio do you have?

My RBQ in the 2000 R/T displays the clock continuously with the radio off and ignition on. My RB1 in the 2002 Special displays the clock continuously with the unit off and the ignition on.

Do you have a RAZ or something else? Sometimes the model is printed on the face plate somewhere in small letters..sometimes not.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
I'll look and see if I have an RBB and throw it on the power supply and check it out. Like I said earlier...don't recall that being an issue on segmented display radios vs pixelated display radios.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
OK...here's a quick update. I have an RBB sitting around and threw it on the power supply. Same circumstances as Ignition on and Radio off. Clock displays fine with radio off and ignition on.

Only connections between Radio and power supply are Ground, BAT+ and ACC. Same as what you'd have with the radio installed in the car.

This RBB is an AM/FM/Cass with Changer controls and 2 band slider Tone controls. Picture available on request.

And one final question for you. Where did you get that quote regarding the dealer changing that function in your original post?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
I'm guessing from a GM owners manual. :smileyvault-newhere

(kidding!)
I can believe that!

Where's he at now that I've verified an RBB functions like it should?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
Some RBB models might come with Electronic tone controls and don't have sliders. I'm just posting what the RBB I currently have does. It's for sale by the way!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
LOL. Jokes aside, I'm also curious if that's something out of a piece of Chrysler documentation. There may be some seeky-seeky button sequence to enable a static display while ignition is on. :dunno:

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
And here's pictures......One hour and 23 minutes with the RBB off and Ignition On (Simulated on the bench) It's an RBB as shown by the RBB at the lower right of the display under the "Minute" adjust button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"ELECTRONIC DIGITAL CLOCK
When the radio is on, pressing the TIME button will allow you to select between displaying actual time continuously or information related to the mode which theradio is in (i.e. in Radio mode, the radio frequency is displayed.) When the radio is off, time will not be displayed unlessthe TIME button is pressed, and then the time will only be displayed for 5 seconds. This function will operate with the ignition switch in either the on or off positions.You can ask your dealer to enable the digital clock to be displayed continuously when the radio is off and the ignition switch is on".

From my 04 300m manual

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Now I need to go look up the radio options for the 04 model year... :D I want to say RBB isn't one of them.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Who shuts their radio off anyway?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
Guess you'll either have to:

1) Live with it.
2) Pay the Dealer to do what your Owners Manuel indicates.
3) Buy a different Radio.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts