DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi...

Well I'm sad to tell you (and realize) that I killed my 300M tonight, around 2am.
A busy week, an early wakeup, and a 7 hours drive got rid of my attention on the road... 2 miles before reaching my dad's house, I entered in a S curve without even thinking of slowing down. I think I managed to get out of the first "S-part" (still sleepy) at around 70 mph judging on the burnt wheel material on the road, but I felt the car going right out off of the road (I actually woke up completely only here), so I turned the wheel to the left to avoid the electric poles. Bad instinctive reaction...

The car turned left, I lost control, made a 180° "front side rear", left wheels touched the grass at 90°. This made the car rolling over to end its curse about 80 ft away off the road.
A car was coming in front of me, if he was there 5 seconds earlier I would have certainly killed him.

I got out of the M without a scratch ! The driver door is the only one working but the cabin is in a "good shape". Passengers would still be here too if there were some.
Actually the only bruises I have now were caused by the glass shards when I was looking for my phones in the grass and in the car.

This morning when I went back to the car, 2 cops were there thinking it was a "go fast" car full of drugs, thanks god one of them knew my aunts and my mum... Anyway they didn't believe I was in the car...

Photos will come. Anyway, :rip: dear 300M...

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Holy Smokes Dude, glad to see you are not hurt. How many times did that 300M flip?

Neverless, sad day in France. the motor and a few interior pieces might be saved.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a hard lesson to learn but I'll never drive tired anymore.

How many times it fliped... Well I should have asked the guy who helped me calling my dad, he saw everything but left when my dad arrived.
I don't know if I will be able to save the engine, depending on what will the insurance say (how much they will quote the car).

What hurts me the most is knowing I SCREWED UP and crashed one of the few 300M remaining in France...

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's sad to see a total M but glad to hear nothing happened to you, the M can be replaced. Will it be replaced with another M or your going a different route? Cheers from California.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
Yikes! Those drive axles sure don't hold up in a crash!

Glad you're OK. I would've hated to have been a passenger in that wreck. I don't think the front seat passenger would've been as well of as you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe not as well as me, but alive I think... The right doors were blocked but the glasses were still intact. The roof however...

Try (or not!) to do that with a Peugeot 206 or a Renault Clio (typical young driver car in France)... I would be dead I think.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Dumb question but... Judging from the pictures, why do you think the airbags didn't deploy ???
I imagine it was because you said it hit the grass sideways and rolled. I think the airbags on these are mostly intended to go off when there is a front or rear impact. The newer ones with the side impact airbags I'm sure are set up to go off from any impact.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Dumb question but... Judging from the pictures, why do you think the airbags didn't deploy ???
My guess is that if you had side airbags, they should have deployed, and the frontals not so much

I imagine it was because you said it hit the grass sideways and rolled. I think the airbags on these are mostly intended to go off when there is a front or rear impact. The newer ones with the side impact airbags I'm sure are set up to go off from any impact.
Unless it was considered a side impact.

·
Registered
50 Posts
And this is why....time and times again i refuse to buy into the whole save money buy getting a small cheap money saving car....... Wow ..... And my dad wanted to give me his honda fit for free.....he can keep it......

Glad you are ok......i guess just like our concorde these cars can take a beating and then some....

Her airbags didnt deploy on our concorde on front passanger side impact......but my wife is sold on these cars .....she had only back lash from seatbelt...luckly the other car that caused her accident was a big lincoln ....so they were all ok too....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts