DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever i sit at a light the my car seems to sorta jiggle. I dont know the exact term but the engine seems to be moving the car a little bit like side to side and what not. Im sure ppl from the outside cant tell, its very little. But i feel it and its annoying. The RPm also seems to drop to 550 or so. Mine usually sits at 600rpm.

IS this normal, ive been known to look for any insignificant flaw in chrsyler's flaw filled vehicles. I never noticed it before but i caught a good amount of traffic today and it was odd. Once the car starts moving the engine runs as always and it still takes off and such with no problems. If i put it in N it seems to do the same thing but at 800 rpm or so since it idles higher. Its like i feel the pistons firing ie 'chuck chuck chuck..

Im coming up on an oil change, about 300km left from 5000km on syntec. Could the oil grade be doing this? plugs?

BTW its a 2002 3.5HO Sxt. With 53000km, its had up to date maintenance.

Im sure if i drive it into my dealership the mechanic will say "im no expert but im pretty sure its those blue lights and those little boxes under the headlight causing this problem" LOL

Im gonna switch to the next level of fuel for a while maybe that will help to make it run smother.. i can hear the engine chuckle its sooo odd.. Plus it ticks when cold.... DAMN U CHRYSLER !!! :light:

Any advice would help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL

so u think its just cold?? It was like 20C today but the engine temp as at about 1/4 way.

I wish i could live in the south, but my headlights would be killed all the time by the sun LOL... *sunburned HEHE..

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have experienced this "vibration" myself. It is weird...the RPM's will drop, it vibrates, and then for me it usually raises back up and smoothes out...

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine stays at that low value and when it drops even more like 500 approx then i feel like someone kicked the front of the car and it goes up to 700 and like you said it evens out.

IM not sure if maybe the spars are gone or it just needs a tune up. ITs been very humid at the Canada North Pole this summer so im not sure if its just the weather.

I just want to prevent further damage if its something more serious than a tune up.

Anybody know what that little pump/servo is on the HO manifold. It has a little arm and looks like a throttle but it doenst do anything if you pull on it/push it.

THe 300ms had a pneumatic one, newer cars have a servo instead. Could that be causing it if its not working properly??

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
linuxglobal said:
mine stays at that low value and when it drops even more like 500 approx then i feel like someone kicked the front of the car and it goes up to 700 and like you said it evens out.

IM not sure if maybe the spars are gone or it just needs a tune up. ITs been very humid at the Canada North Pole this summer so im not sure if its just the weather.

I just want to prevent further damage if its something more serious than a tune up.

Anybody know what that little pump/servo is on the HO manifold. It has a little arm and looks like a throttle but it doenst do anything if you pull on it/push it.

THe 300ms had a pneumatic one, newer cars have a servo instead. Could that be causing it if its not working properly??
I often wondered about that servo looking thing too. I know this seems kinda obvious, but what you're experiencing isn't your A/C right? I know if my car is idleing and the compressor kicks on the RPMs drop a little bit and it doesn't seem as smooth right away because of the sudden additional load placed on the engine.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... to tell u the truth i almost never use my A/C hehe .. Canada is cold enough.

I know a mechanic once told me our cars have a cooling cycle that automatically runs the A/C compressor even if its turned off/ not activated by the driver.

So it may just be the day that my car is experiencing this a/c.

I didnt hear the clutch clicking tho. I know what u mean, i could hear the car idling heavier with the ac too, but my RPM goes up with the ac.... to like 700rpm.

Im not even sure, as i said it may just me overreacting LOL.... I never payed attention to it before so it may have always done this....

Anyone know what the servo thing is LOL??

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is the SRV-Short Runner Valve- When you hit 5,000 rpm the SRV changes the air flow path inside the intake. It changes between the air flowing through long cross over tubes and flowing directly up big center tube.This gives you lots of low end torque and also lots of power at the high end. My guess about your shaky idle would be dirty fuel injectors. Try some Sea Foam in the tank,use the whole can/full tank. It may take a couple tankfulls worth of driving to clear it up. When I still had my '94 I put two full cans in a tankful, and cleared the problem with that one tank.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool. What is this sea foam stuff???

Safe on engines? I dont want to damage anything with a treatment i know nothing about. I remember seeing badasstrep's ride with seafoam and the whole car starts was covered in smoke.

Is it also available in Canada? Like a canadian tire or walmart?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im still kinda sceptic about this treatment tho.

Isnt that kinda stuff for old beat up engines. My car has low km and its not like it has a rough idle, the problem im describing is very minimal its probably not even noticeable to the passenger.

Ill talk it over with some local di.net members when we meet up (ie Shaun) Id rather stay away from additives. They've never worked for me in the past... (go karts and such)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is what my '94 was doing. Just a real light irregular twitch only at idle, hardly noticeable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts