DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2000 Intrepid and the Engine died while driving home one day. Had to wait about 5 minutes before it would let me restart. It died about every 2 miles on the way home. Changed plugs, wires, PCV and still doing it. I think it is fuel related but like I said it only does it while driving. I let it idle in my driveway and it doesn't act up at all. Anybody have Ideas.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
has the CEL come on??? Everytime it died, were you moving or at a complete stop? Maybe the fuel filter???

·
Registered
750 Posts
ya changed the wires bet that was a feat being they dont have the wires LOL my trep kinda started the same thing it would stall and die at a stop but i got a check engine light and it turned out it was my cam shaft sensor i replaced it 29 dollars from pepboys and its runs better im so happy

·
Registered
528 Posts
well I have a 2.7 and mine used to do that when I was stopped, It turned out to be the cam sensor cost a couple hundred to have a bodyshop fix it.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The cam sensor is cheap, about $25-, the crank sensor runs about $100. Both can be replaced in the driveway in an hour or so. You'll need a deep 10mm socket to get the job done.

·
Registered
528 Posts
err maybe it was the crank sensor, my bad. Horrible memory. At least I hope it was the crank sensor since the cam sensor would have only cost 25$ and a little elbow grease

1 - 6 of 6 Posts