DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing an engine flush with this next oil change and I was wanting some opinions on what type of engine flush to use or do those 5min engine flushes even work? Has anybody done one of these 5min flushes and noticed anything good or bad please let me know.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not really necessary with the 3.2 or 3.5 motors unless you've really abused them with shitty oil and had lots of water instrusion into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Not really necessary with the 3.2 or 3.5 motors unless you've really abused them with shitty oil and had lots of water instrusion into the engine compartment.[/QUOTE]
Agree. If you don't have a specific NEED to do a harsh flush, don't do it. As for the 5 min flushes, yes they work, but be sure to follow directions, i.e., don't do anything but idle the engine. Also would be a good idea to change oil again pretty quick to remove any residual flush.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Jimmy79 said:
I was thinking about doing an engine flush with this next oil change and I was wanting some opinions on what type of engine flush to use or do those 5min engine flushes even work? Has anybody done one of these 5min flushes and noticed anything good or bad please let me know.
Do this one: http://www.autoprofit.com/eng.htm Costco offers it and I did it twice already. My car gets stored every winter so I do it when it comes out......Car drives like new and my oil is super clean. You should notice an increase of 50-60 kms (45 miles around) more per gas tank.......Unless you have a heavy foot like me, lol.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Seafoam!

Just put in some Seafoam Motor Treatment, it will clean a bit slower, but it doesn't strip oil off of surfaces.

Seafoam is used in the crankcase while driving. Just add a can of seafoam into the crank case, let it warm up and then drive it for at least five miles then dump the old oil.

The old oil comes out nice and black, the new oil stays clean a LONG time. My 3.5 revs a bit faster now and gets 1mpg better.

Th harsh flushes can be dangerous, they are basically the same thing as engine degreaser spray: kerosene! I do use harsh flushes on certain things, but only if the motor is on the brink of oil starvation due to sludge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts