DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a call from the garage that I had take my car today, and they just finished tearing the engine apart to figure out what was wrong with it. Well... apparently, something slipped that caused the lifter arms on 4 cylinders to collapse, which according to them, is not worth repairing. So yeah, I have the choice of going out and throwing another engine in the car... which they are trying to find one around here but are having a hard time, or replace the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know how you feel. A couple of months ago I replaced an timing chain tensioner and last week the engine blew. The piston rod snapped and put a nice hole in the bottom of the block, $5574.00 Canadian to replace the engine. I just got my car back today. I have a 2000 Chrysler Intrepid. I bought a 2001 engine (used) with 82 K's on itfor $3200.00 and the rest was labour. So I know how you must feel and the decision you are facing. I hope you can get an engine and everything works out for you and Yes I still love my Car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See my problem is, how I dont have money coming in from a job, but I do have a job waiting for me... problem is that I need a car to get to the job, since its like 5 miles away and theres no way im walking that at 6 in the morning. And being a fire fighter/EMT on the side... its uh, kinda important to have something to respond in.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its depressing thinking about it, but the way my dad is acting, it looks like this is the end of the intrepid

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Man that totally sucks... I hope that everything works out! Just look at the bright side, you have the option to throw in the 3.5! I just hope that everything comes together... I remember how my dad acted when the 97's tranny went... He got over it and helped me get it repaired... Good luck with everything!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,130 Posts
Locking up the 3.5L in my R/T and checking on it hourly!!

·
Premium Member
16,753 Posts
Trytic said:
... apparently, something slipped that caused the lifter arms on 4 cylinders to collapse, which according to them, is not worth repairing. So yeah, I have the choice of going out and throwing another engine in the car... which they are trying to find one around here but are having a hard time, or replace the car.
It's not stated quite accurately, but it sounds like your timing belt slipped or broke.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ronbo said:
Locking up the 3.5L in my R/T and checking on it hourly!!

ill just make a key to the backdoor... bwahah :brow2:

i dunno, couldve been the timing belt, they didnt tell me what slipped, just told me something slipped lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts