DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all.

I'm writing you all, knowing your cars SO well, before I take her in. I'll be honest and say that I have not even looked under the hood for a "solution" as of yet. (I'm at work.)

So, here she goes... '97 Intrepid w/ 129k miles. The car was recently bought and everything was fine.

It's my girlfriends car so I am going off of what she has described, plus what I myself felt riding w/ her.

Upon acceleration the car shakes at 35mph to approx 45mph and then the shaking stops and the ride returns to normal. This is only on a slow acceleration. (Like if you came from a stop and the speed limit was only 35mph.)

If you accelerate quickly as you would, say, getting from a stop ready to hit 50mph, the shaking does not happen.

I've tried to see if it was the transmission by waiting for it to shake and then sliding it into neutral, but the shaking remains. I do not think it is an engine knock as it would always be there. Like I said... It happens maybe once in three times in accelerating slowly, but that's all I can say...

I'm leaing toward something to do w/ the suspension, but as of yet I do not know...

Thoughts?

-Jason.

EDIT: I've done a little research and it seems that this is related to the torque converter... Does anyone agree?

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's interesting that is the speed that the TCC should be locking up. But if it is it should stop if you get off the gas.

As said could be tie rod ends.

Or also check you fuel pressure. probably not it but never hurts to check it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts