DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 dodge intrepid. It doesnt have the original motor. Im trying to identify my engine and find out what it came out of. It is a 3.2 liter. The number i got from below the head appears to be GT32LPC33071. Not sure if this is correct. This is a picture of the numbers. Any help would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
What exactly are you trying to find out? What year the motor is? Something else?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
The 3.2 would be from an Intrepid or Concorde. 1998-2001. The 300m and LHS would be all 3.5 with the exception of some Export 300m that would be 2.7.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im trying to find out what year and what model car this came from, and what engine i should buy parts for. Every time i buy parts, they have trouble figuring out what i need. I always end up having to take the part off first to match up.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
Autozone is FOS! The 3.2L was available in the Intrepid from 1998-2001. It was dropped in 2002 with only the 3.5 and 2.7 available from 2002-2004. That's the same for all other LH models. 2002-2004 only had the 3.5 and 2.7 available.

Pretty much any part you need for the 3.2L is the same on all 1998-2001 3.2L engines.

What part(s) exactly are you looking for?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,339 Posts
I dont suggest buying anything from Autozone, or any other junky parts store besides Napa and Rock Auto; but, you can use a 1998-2000 Intrepid, 3.2, they are all the same;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not looking for any parts at the moment. Just wanted to id engine for future reference. And my sister works at napa. They are like apple, just overpriced and overrated. Ive had good experience with autozone. Plus they price match anything online. And they stand behind their warranties. Thanks for your help.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,520 Posts
VatoZone FTL!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
There is another set of numbers/letters near where you took that photo. Right near that same spot.

What you are looking for is a string of six digits. Those six digits will be the serial number of the car the engine came out of.
(if it was the original engine, those six digits would match the last six of your vin)

Those six digits are unique to each vehicle.

Once you have a photo of those six digits, you can go to any dealership and they can tell you what year/make/mode it came out of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts