DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it is 2000ES car that had a 2.7 to 3.5L swap. I just yesterday started all of the sudden getting the following trouble codes

P 106
P 122
P 1684
P 1496
P 405
I unfortunately believe this to be a bad PCM. Already replaced the TPS. These all appear to be low voltage warnings from the 5V source on the PCM. I believe they are all wired sep from the PCM and am now fearing its toast. Anyone confirm or deny???

And if so anyone have a line on a 3.5L PCM and whats the years that it will work? I though the new style came out in 2002

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone any help on this one?? I checked voltage at the TPS and it reads 5V which is what it should read according to the manual. I have also already replaced the TPS when I thought it was the problem. I have a 300M puter on order form a yard that I will have Tues but still looking for input

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Check the ground for each of those sensors. And verify that they are all getting 5 volts. Before I would suspect ALL of those sensors as going bad at the same time, I'd start looking at the wiring harness and maybe the pcm. I don't think its very common for a pcm to go bad. Also, what year car did the motor come from and are u using the engine harness that was in your car or the one from the donor car that the motor came from? There is a year to year difference in the wiring harneses. I think the difference is 2001 and before then 2002 and up. I'm not 100% on this or the years but I do know different harnesses exist and you can't swap harnesses without swapping pcm's also if they are different. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.