DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost ready to pull the 3.5 from my parts car but I don't see where to attach the chain. The front right one is obvious to me, right by the ac compressor. I don't see a back left eyelet. Am I blind?

·
Registered
15,091 Posts
There should be a bracket on the driver's side firewall end of the motor. I just walked out and took a picture of the three tapped holes you can access. They are an M10 thread.

I'd use the hole closest to the firewall.... That's what I did.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I'm going topull the tranny with it so I won't have those holes to utilize.

I was going to get this out this weekend but had too many other projects to get done.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I use a seat belt U cut out of a car from the junk yard thread it through the bracket for the alternator and then use the upper plenum bracket on the rear passenger side thread the belt through the bolt hole for the plenum never had an issue

EDIT: just seen your pulling the trans as well. I would NOT use the plenum bracket then on the passenger side but I would swap hook to the a/c compressor bracket and use the plenum bracket for the drivers side

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. Yeah, sorry about the edit. I thought scooter was refering to the head bolts at first. I think I might come up with my own bracket to avoid damaging the plenum.

·
Registered
15,091 Posts
That picture does not have the factory lift bracket there, it is removed and shows the 3X M10 threaded holes. I believe 2 of them are used for the lifting bracket, might be all three.

Use the block tapped holes for any lifting points unless a tranny to block bolt will be used.

Good luck when you get around to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts