DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my engine light comes on today...and it get codes

1684- battery disconnect- battery has been disconnected within the last 50 starts (status indicator only- NOT a reported fault code)

and

0160- Oxygen (02) sensor 2/2 signal inactive -neither rich or lean condition is detected from the oxygen sensor 2/2

so what do i need to fix, how do much will cost, where do i get it, and how hard is it, and how do i do it?

I have to drive back to chicago from champaign in the morning so I need info quick

·
Premium Member
16,766 Posts
I'd try resetting the computer and seeing if the codes repeat. The battery code could mean your battery is getting weak and it may have dropped below the threshold that triggers a code momentarily during a start.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i go check and the drivers side top o2 sensor is ok but th on near the bottom is not even connected...ok that makes me feel better...although i dont know how it got disconnected...anyway..i noticed that the green wire and connector that connects to the engine ground is not connected either and the connector is broken...does anyone have one of these to sell? I will take a picture in a few mintues to show what im referring to.

·
Premium Member
16,766 Posts
interpretblurple said:
...th on near the bottom is not even connected...i noticed that the green wire and connector that connects to the engine ground is not connected either and the connector is broken...does anyone have one of these to sell?...
Salvage yard item?

·
Registered
931 Posts
glad you found the problem. usually when theres no signal at all you have an open somewhere. is the connector for the green wire just ground? if so as a temp fix just find a ground screw and put it there. of course i would need to see what wire your talking about, but assuming its just a ground you could do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts