DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Intrepid SE 2.7 and today after I started I noticed the engine light stayed on, I checked the fluids and everything is normal, could this be from me not tightning my gas cap the last time i fueled? any suggestions? before i take it into the dealership?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You could try getting the fault codes from the computer... I can't find the exact post... but search for "fault codes", "checking fault codes" something like that...

my quick tutorial to get the codes:
turn the key one click to it's rest spot (this is refered to as "off", the position at which you can remove the key is "lock")
the next position "on" or "run" is where the key rest when running.
alternate rapidly between these two positions like this:
on - off - on - off - on
after reaching on for the third time, stop, and the fault codes will display in the odometer after it initializes, the message "done" indicates end of codes

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
MasonMI said:
I have a 2004 Intrepid SE 2.7 and today after I started I noticed the engine light stayed on, I checked the fluids and everything is normal, could this be from me not tightning my gas cap the last time i fueled? any suggestions? before i take it into the dealership?
Don't take the car to the dealership. WE are your friendly dealer. Here is how you check the codes: Click Me
ONCE you get whatever codes that may pop up write them down and let us know what they are... we'll figure it out for you. :)

Reccanize said:
If it has a 2.7l engine then yo ass is in trouble
That was the gayest post ever.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Thanks Crombie for stepping in on the 2.7 slam. I was just about to do the same!!!

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
At 30k miles even I'd have trouble believing it! And since the mileage is that low you should start using synthetic oil at your next oil change. If you continue using it there shouldn't be any problems ...

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
D76G12 said:
At 30k miles even I'd have trouble believing it! And since the mileage is that low you should start using synthetic oil at your next oil change. If you continue using it there shouldn't be any problems ...
Umm... he has a check engine light... not sludge. ;)
froggy81500 said:
Thanks Crombie for stepping in on the 2.7 slam.
Anytime. :)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
You have a 2002 2.7L engine, so you should be ok..... But it could be the gas cap!!! Do a search and find out how to get the Engine Code from your car with the turning of the key.. someone here may beable to tell you what the code means.......

·
Woober Goobers!
50,135 Posts
My 2000 2.7L had 122k on it when it was stolen. No stinking sludge!! Watch out for those gay posters with 1998 cars that weren't taken care of.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
01Intrepid said:
You have a 2002 2.7L engine, so you should be ok..... But it could be the gas cap!!! Do a search and find out how to get the Engine Code from your car with the turning of the key.. someone here may beable to tell you what the code means.......

Actually I have a 2004 Intrepid SE with a 2.7L engine, I dropped it off at the dealership this morning since it was still under warranty and I was told the engine light was giving an evap code PO441 that my gas cap must not have been on tight, I do use a locking gas cap in which the dealership said I should be using my original cap instead of a locking one, is there much difference since this locking cap was ordered from Dodge?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
MasonMI said:
Actually I have a 2004 Intrepid SE with a 2.7L engine, I dropped it off at the dealership this morning since it was still under warranty and I was told the engine light was giving an evap code PO441 that my gas cap must not have been on tight, I do use a locking gas cap in which the dealership said I should be using my original cap instead of a locking one, is there much difference since this locking cap was ordered from Dodge?
Before taking the car in... did you verify that the gas cap was on tight? Say about 5 or 6 clicks?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crombie said:
Before taking the car in... did you verify that the gas cap was on tight? Say about 5 or 6 clicks?
I did fuel this morning before dropping the car off in which I did turn the cap at least 5 times, this is the first time i've gotten a code and i've had the same cap on the car for about a year now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
MasonMI said:
I did fuel this morning before dropping the car off in which I did turn the cap at least 5 times, this is the first time i've gotten a code and i've had the same cap on the car for about a year now.
That light would have stayed on for a while. It set and stays set until it has 3 passed test. The evap test is only ran a certain times. I have seen that light stay on for a week in a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
www.DontBuyOne.com Sorry boys I love my 98 Trep but reality is wat it is Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L Engines

Absolute Best Price on Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L Engines

We have the most complete source for remanufactured Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L engines. We have multiple warehouses all across the country and usually can have a an engine to you in 2 to 3 business days. Our Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L ENGINES come with up to a 3 yr / 100,000 mile warranty!
http://www.rhinoengines.com/chrysleranddodge2_7engines.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reccanize said:
www.DontBuyOne.com Sorry boys I love my 98 Trep but reality is wat it is Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L Engines

Absolute Best Price on Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L Engines

We have the most complete source for remanufactured Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L engines. We have multiple warehouses all across the country and usually can have a an engine to you in 2 to 3 business days. Our Chrysler and Dodge 2.7L ENGINES come with up to a 3 yr / 100,000 mile warranty!
http://www.rhinoengines.com/chrysleranddodge2_7engines.htm

Well I've been running Mobil one synthetic oil in my 2.7 since i've had it and this was actually the only time I had a sensor come on since i've had my Intrepid which turned out to be just the gas cap, if you dislike Dodge/Chrysler products why are you still driving one? i've been pleased with my 2004 Intrepid SE 2.7, im sure there are many other owners that would say the same.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts