DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that when I start my car it shakes. and if I put it into drive it does not offer any power, after about 30 seconds it runs normal. Anyone help me with this, it just does not seem right. Mabe condinsation, or Carbon build up, possible cloged fuel injectors?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like EGR valve carbon build up. If it was injectors it would run bad all the time.

You may have a sticky egr valve,
Any Codes?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mine ran rough a few times just after starting it as well. It only did it when it was parked for the whole weekend or a week. It hasn't done it in a while, and when it did, it only did it for 10 to 20 seconds. I haven't tried to go anywhere while it was doing it so I don't know if there was a loss of power. I have no idea what would cause it... My guess would be fuel line or fuel pump. I've had problems with my fuel pump wire harness under my rear seat corroding... I rewired it and I havne't had the rough start since... but then again, it hasn't happened often enough to draw that conclusion anyway.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thats what mine would do also. I had to turn my car off and restart to get it going smooth. Problem was bent valves.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after hearing the fuel pump thing, Im thinking thats the first place I would look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts