DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is it just my car, or has someone else heard it to while turning of the engine, mainly with the A/C on... It sounds like a jet engine winding down.... I think it sound pretty cool!!!!!!! But I just want to know if anyone else has heard it also??????? :confused:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Yeah, I've heard it too...sounds like a high pitch engine noise (not loud, but you can hear it) It isn't belts...because I've looked for it with the engine compartment open...I think it may be the A/C clutch or something...oh well, at least it isn't just me :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I heard somewhere that it was the transmission...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I don't think it's a problem or an indication of something that will go wrong in the future. I guess ottowrkr will have to verify that for us. Since he's so smart... hehehe :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Actually, my old Intrepid made a similar noise when I turned off the car and the cooling fan would be running. Maybe it's the same thing.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Shouldn't be the tranny, it only makes the noise when the A/C is on. Nothing loud or anything, only I would hear it because I'm anal like that. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Now I think I know what you're talking about... Try this and see if it happens. With the car on, not moving, radio off, windows up, AC off, turn on the AC to low, blowing from the dash. Next, change it to blow towards the floor, then back to the dash, then turn it off. You will probably hear the sound every time if it's loud enough. I think it's the vents opening and closing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts