DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I read some posts and wanted to ask some questions. I bought a 2004 300 m with a blowed 3.5 engine , and my son in-law had a 2001 Concorde with a 3.5 with low miles, so we installed it in the 300 m. First start all was great , no codes! Yaa. Then I test drove it and it ran great, lots of power and no codes! Then it all went south, the engine over heats when I drive it a mile or so , real hot !! I pull over and it was cool outside and the cooling fans were not running and I also got locked out of it!! !!! Got it back to shop and (oh yes, I put new water pump and thermostat before any test drives) still no codes. Pulled thermostat and my son in-law had put it in backwards and I tested it before reinstalling it and it wouldn’t open!! So say that’s why it over heated, Not!! Any way new thermostat and second test drive and still overheats and four codes now! P2008,p0660,and p0700 and p1776 ,when it was driving and shifting perfect!! So I look at engine we installed and it doesn’t even have Short runner solenoid or manifold tuning valve solenoid built into it!!! So the engine we installed is different in that respect and now I am getting codes for the missing items !! would all this plus over heating be related ya think??? Shifting issues as well ??? Thanks Bob

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
Overheating could be due to not purging air out of the system? Do you know how to purge the air?

Your MTV and SRV codes due to not having an HO engine in place. I'm assuming you're using the engine wiring harness from the 2001? You can swap your original Intake Manifolds and engine wiring harness onto the replacement engine to take care of those. The 2001 model year was a hybrid for wiring between the two series. 1998-2000 and 2002-2004. I'd get your original intake manifold and engine wiring on the replacement engine before going further.

The P0700 and P1776 are Transmission codes. Particularly related to the Solenoid pack. You indicate it's shifting OK? Same as above with the engine wiring harness.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What ronbo said..

Theres that bleeder valve hidden in front right next to the upper rad hose connection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
And your 2001 Concorde donor must either be a very late 2001 build that qualifies as a 2002 or you were mistaken about the year. A 2001 engine in a 2002+ car would've required a Camshaft Sprocket and Flywheel change to make it even fire up.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
And your 2001 Concorde donor must either be a very late 2001 build that qualifies as a 2002 or you were mistaken about the year. A 2001 engine in a 2002+ car would've required a Camshaft Sprocket and Flywheel change to make it even fire up.
Also the egr ports would have had to been blocked off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello I read some posts and wanted to ask some questions. I bought a 2004 300 m with a blowed 3.5 engine , and my son in-law had a 2001 Concorde with a 3.5 with low miles, so we installed it in the 300 m. First start all was great , no codes! Yaa. Then I test drove it and it ran great, lots of power and no codes! Then it all went south, the engine over heats when I drive it a mile or so , real hot !! I pull over and it was cool outside and the cooling fans were not running and I also got locked out of it!! !!! Got it back to shop and (oh yes, I put new water pump and thermostat before any test drives) still no codes. Pulled thermostat and my son in-law had put it in backwards and I tested it before reinstalling it and it wouldn’t open!! So say that’s why it over heated, Not!! Any way new thermostat and second test drive and still overheats and four codes now! P2008,p0660,and p0700 and p1776 ,when it was driving and shifting perfect!! So I look at engine we installed and it doesn’t even have Short runner solenoid or manifold tuning valve solenoid built into it!!! So the engine we installed is different in that respect and now I am getting codes for the missing items !! would all this plus over heating be related ya think??? Shifting issues as well ??? Thanks Bob

Morning forum!! I read everyone’s reply’s and thank you for that! I will swap the intakes and engine wiring harness !! And to bleed the air from the block I purchased a “Airlift “ tool to do the bleeding! So do you guys think the transmission issues could be engine related as well ? Like going into limp home mode?? Thanks for the help! By the way , does anyone know what the metal T fitting , that has a coolant hose from coolant reservoir to it and a vacuum hose to intake and to the head is called and the use of it??? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning forum!! I read everyone’s reply’s and thank you for that! I will swap the intakes and engine wiring harness !! And to bleed the air from the block I purchased a “Airlift “ tool to do the bleeding! So do you guys think the transmission issues could be engine related as well ? Like going into limp home mode?? Thanks for the help! By the way , does anyone know what the metal T fitting , that has a coolant hose from coolant reservoir to it and a vacuum hose to intake and to the head is called and the use of it??? Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,376 Posts
That's the PCV Heat Exchanger. You want that on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts