DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever thought about swapping in a newer Intrepid engine I've got a 3.3 thats only puttin out a wimpy 160 hp this 3.2 is puttin out 220 hp out of a 99 ES. Would there have to be a whole lot of mods or would it directly bolt in. Any opinions would help. :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the electronics would be a *****, but at least you know the tranny would bolt up with no trouble.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well of course it could be done but not ass simple as you think> First of all its going to cost allot of $$$$$ cha ching money. That includes engine swap diffrent tranny. Diffrent mounts. Diffrent computer and so on and so on. The best bet is get a newer car. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
587 Posts
hey Wutang15m, how exactly is your dual exhaust set up? It looks awesome, and I was thiking of doing something like that in the summer. Do you have a Y-pipe to split the exhaust pipes past the third cat, or do you go dual all the way from the 1st cats back?

And how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking....

Thanks man!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
my duals were $150....wutang's looks nicer so his were pry more...thats what i get for bein a tight wad :p

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
at least i got the sound i was going for, thats all i care about :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts