DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a friend of mine at work that many front drive engines interchange with different brackets and such (saves Mopar from casting so many different blocks and heads)...if so, would a 3.8 from a Caravan swap in place of a 3.3?...or is the only diff in the 2 engines bore & stroke?...if so, would the cranks and cam swap?...does the 3.8 have bigger valve heads?
I guess all this boils down to is more power from my 3.3 (no NOS please)...this has been an awfully good car but I'm at the point of spending some major bucks...jus trying to decide if I should keep it and keep working on it or give it up for a 3.5 model.
I definitely liked "Buschman's" 1st Gen R/T...it got the wheels turning in my head...thinkin about doin a "road runner"homage to the mighty mopar from my own past...that was my first real musclecar and it holds many fond memories for me. I would dearly love to have another one...or see Chrysler build a new one, but since they torpedoed Plymouth I dont see that happening!
Would you guys think I'm committing blasphemy by making a "Dodge Road Runner"?...even if I use that cool 69 Charger flip-open gas cap?
thanx in advance, Bataxee
ps,gonna try and get pix to you guys soon!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yep, Bryan has got it, you got lotts of money to blow on it then some place will make a custom turbo or blower to fit your car, even do a weird engine swap, Money makes things possible.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
from what i heard, the new 3.5 HO is totally diffrent then the first 3.5, and it will not bolt into out cars without engine mount work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wouldnt you have to change the computer and add the knock sensors to the wiring harness to upgrade to the 3.5?...one of the 1st gen engines I mean...did some digging on a site called allpar.com yesterday...seems the 3.8 is a bored & stroked 3.3...the torque rating is alittle higher but the HP diff is not much. Prolly not worth the trouble all the way around. the 2nd gen 2.7 has more HP and the ft lbs are within 10-15 of the 3.8. guess its a 1st gen w/3.5 or move up to a 2nd gen car, either way...bye bye to the present trep...he's been a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts