DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what types of engines can be swapped into a 2001 dodge intrepid. i have the 2.7 Liter V6 engine.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Any 98-01 3.2 or 3.5 will work for you. I would suggest to change the oil pump timing belt water pump and thermostat when the engine is out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Any 98-01 3.2 or 3.5 will work for you. I would suggest to change the oil pump timing belt water pump and thermostat when the engine is out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Just to add some confirmation, this is the complete and only answer. If you get desperate in your search an 02-04 LH motor will work, but requires additional modifications.

·
Registered
555 Posts
to add to my information you will also need the motor mount brackets as well as I think the passenger side exhaust with cat IF you can get it that way otherwise you'll need to modify your 2.7 one. also one of the hoses along with the power steering pump also. If your pulling the engine get all the accessories IE: the alternator a/c compressor power steering pump. If the yard is pulling it for you make sure to ask for a "complete drop" that will get you everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts