DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a post a few months ago, about a 94 intrepid with a blown engine. Well i found an engine for the car (which is good, cause i want to be driving it anyways) and i was wondering if there was a how to for an engine swap, or if someone could tell me how hard it was to do on this particular year. i have three more payments on my engine, and hopefully ill be dragging that sucker home, and i want to hit this as hard, and as soon as possible, i need my car back!!

·
9,861 Posts
It's time consuming. A lot of heater hoses, a lot of bolts, and a lot of wiring.

The main thing is that you need the right tools. You need a good collection of metric sockets and wrenchs, and you need a cherry picker.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
We'll help! Ask lots of questions...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
its not difficult at all. its just reaching for the bolts. time consuming so break every once in awhile and do little tasks on the new engine like getting it cleaned and replacing gaskets.

i took the top half of my engine apart.. it was by far easyier lifting it with the picker apart.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
if you get a haynes manual. theres about 3 - 6 pages on how to take the engine out and put it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts