DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a new or rebuilt 2000 Dodge Intrepid engine? Yes my engine gave out on me at 105,000 miles...Should I get a new one or rebuilt my old one...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Some people seem to have good luck with Ebay. I guess it depends on if you save enough on the engine to pay for the shipping...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2.7 in it right now...but will it mount ok...and where did you find your engine at...I am in Cali so I know I am gonna pay a pretty penny...Thanks

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
If you want an easy life stick with a 2.7 to replace a 2.7... although what is the book value on your car? It's not going to go up because you put a new engine in it.

You might be better off just getting another used car.... I myself would never replace an engine in a car with over 100K miles... the tranny will be next... to me once you get over that mark anything major is not worth fixing

·
9,861 Posts
car-part.com

·
Registered
229 Posts
nightravin13 said:
i have heard of a thread around here with a motor swap thats almost done...i'm not sure how it's going though.
may want to check it out.
yeah, i've swapped in a 3.2L into a 2.7. there are some others in the process also. 3.2 and 3.5 both would be same difficulty. check out the thread called "2.7L to 3.2L motor swap" in 2nd gen modifications for more info...
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19649

1 - 10 of 10 Posts