DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Epson stylus cx4600 been using it for about 4 years and no problems. A few days ago it started showing a screen that said parts in your printer are about to reach the end of it life expectancy. A couple of days later it would not print. All the lights on the printer were flashing and have no idea what part was bad. Then I found out that the printer has a built in counter set at 33610. After a little more searching I found that the part at the end of it's life is a sponge that absorbs excess ink. I found a utility which will allow you to reset the counter. I didn't try to find a replacement sponge. I just used a couple of paper towels to get up the extra ink, and ran the utility. I did have to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it works fine. This seems to be common to a lot of epson printers and the utility will work with others. Here is the link. Hope this saves you from throwing out a working printer, or worse paying Epson $50.00 to reset it.

Epson

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the link.

The problem it's common on Epson and Lexmark printers. Not the sponge, but the counter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts