DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes car threw the P0406 code yesterday, check engine light is on. Looking in the manual it says that the EGR position sensor input above the acceptable voltage range. What does that mean? We just pulled it out of the shop and there is a 12,000 mile or 1 year warrenty on the work. The mech did say he pulled the EGR valve off (he had to replace a screw that broke off in it)...just fo rmy better knowledge before I take it back in tomorrow I would like to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Every now and again I get that code. And its been doing it for almost 2 years now. Out of the blue it'll pop up and then go off after a few restarts. Might come back in a day or two, then go out for months. Mine's a 2001 and I've got over 83K miles on it now. Its passed its emissions testing last month and last year with no problems. I chalked it up to a fluke.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the mech said it might just be related to the fact that we had everything apart...but he will look at it on thursday. But then again, he might not have reset anything after it was done. Dunno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts