DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I see all these post about these error codes everyone is getting. How do you know what code your getting? And where do the numbers come from?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
It would help if you added the model year to your question - but at least you had it listed in your profile. :)

Errors codes on Mopars can be checked by using the ignition key and the check engine light.

1. Turn your key to the OFF position to begin then turn it to the ON position (NOT START). Do that two more times stopping in the ON position: OFF - ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON.

2. Your check engine light will come on then turn off again after a couple of seconds and after five or so seconds it will start blinking. Count the number of blinks and write that number down (there will be a long pause between numbers). When it's through it should blink 5 - 5.

3. Now you've got a bunch of numbers on a page ending with 5 - 5, just put the numbers together in groups of two starting with the first and second numbers. For example, if you have 2 3 2 5 5 5 just divide them up like this: | 2 3 | 2 5 | 5 5 | so you have 23, 25, and 55.

4. If the first two numbers are 5 - 5 (55) then there are no codes.

For more details see: http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9477

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
thats odd my intrepid just gives the code... .like p0xxx or whatever

I dont remember if it has the p but its a number for sure when i burned out my brake lamp (LEDS LOL) i got that code by following the procedure above. I just bought an obd2 reader and those tell u the exact code(s) and what they stand for. It was like 200$ or something. BEst tool ever, saved me hundreds of $. Dealer obd2 read is 100$ (or 1hr labour)

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
linuxglobal said:
thats odd my intrepid just gives the code... .like p0xxx or whatever

I dont remember if it has the p but its a number for sure when i burned out my brake lamp (LEDS LOL) i got that code by following the procedure above. I just bought an obd2 reader and those tell u the exact code(s) and what they stand for. It was like 200$ or something. BEst tool ever, saved me hundreds of $. Dealer obd2 read is 100$ (or 1hr labour)
As gordo said - you've got a 2G. Your codes read out on the odometer in 4-digit form.
Not sure why you bothered with a code reader when the key dance is free ... :dunno:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, thanks. So what happens if you have more than 1 problem?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
spaz_boy31 said:
Alright, thanks. So what happens if you have more than 1 problem?
You'll get more than one two-digit code and the LAST code will always be 55, which just means it's the end of the read-out.

If you post your numbers here we'll help you figure it out ... :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well good news, it took me a few tries, but i checked it and i have no error codes lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts