DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Just looking for information regarding the quality of the aftermarket ES bumpers for my 03 SE. I have been to several pick and pull around my area and I can't find a ES bumper that is not dented, scratched or completely destroyed.
I have found several online. Just wondering if you guys have used them to replace or convert your cars to use fog lights. Same thing for the fog lights.

Thanks in advance.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Never liked aftermarket body parts, they seem to always require as much work as used OEM; and never fit quite right. I am a bit more OCD about that stuff than others though lol.

I have an original ES bumper behind the garage with fogs, if you come to Raleigh, you can have it.

Converted mine about 10 years ago, bought an ES bumper off of a member here at a meet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning Dan
Thanks for the offer.

I have heard the same thing from the shop that painted my intrepid. I showed him the stuff from ebay and Carid. But the prices of a real one are too much.
Thats why I have been looking for a use one in excellent conditions with no luck.

Whats your zip code

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Have you checked Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market Just enter the info and it'll tell you what's available in your area.

Also you'll need the fog light wiring harness. If you can at least find that in your Pick-n-Pull yards that's a start.

I'm guessing that color doesn't matter as you did a full car repaint with a non-stock color?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
For the 02+ model years, the wiring harness is all one piece from the BCM to the fog lights.
There are some how-tos that show how to run the wires...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Good morning Dan
Thanks for the offer.

I have heard the same thing from the shop that painted my intrepid. I showed him the stuff from ebay and Carid. But the prices of a real one are too much.
Thats why I have been looking for a use one in excellent conditions with no luck.

Whats your zip code
Raleigh, NC 27604. I have an extra hood too, you can have both.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello guys

Ron, thanks for the mirrors, got them today. They look brand new, nothing compared to the ones from the pick and pull.

BY the way, spend the entire morning working on my electric seats from the concord. They have been cleaned, removed all the rust, primed and painted semi gloss black. Put the passenger side together, unfortunately the motor that raises and lowers the height on the front part of the seat does not work. And thats the one I can't remove to replace due to that metal pin in the way. Oh well at least I can move the seat forward and aft and recline.
Tomorrow will start on the driver side.

I also drove the car for 15 minutes to make sure all works and found some red oil in the garage and a little bit of coolant, not as much as when it got down in the 30's. I guess TGS was right it must be a coolant line leaking due to lower temperature.
Any way I am sending the pictures from the lines under the car with the red oil. What you guys think?

I may have to change the oil in the power steering pump since It has been making a loud noise for a few years now. I read the post that somebody posted today about the PS noise and I think I have the same problem. The level is always full. So it might have to be replace.

Attachments

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
I live in New Brockton AL
I work in the military base, Ft Rucker. The biggest city around is Dothan.
Oh wow, I travel up north now and then every year, would be no big deal to throw it in the back of my truck and meet up along the way, but I've never been out towards Alabama.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Leo, the pink fluid is dripping from the two transmission lines in your photo.
Those two lines are a very common leak point. As they get older, they become very stiff and brittle.

One line goes up to the top of the radiator, the other connects to the bottom of the radiator.
Tranny fluid goes in the top, comes out the bottom and goes into the tranny cooler in front of the radiator and then back to the transmission.

Wipe or wash the lines down on that side of the radiator, then continue to watch and see where it is coming from.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good afternoon tags, are they user replaceable? Is it prudent to change the radiator as well? I want to replace the water pump on the car since it has 137,000 miles. Since i need to do that I might as well put a new one in it. Timing chain, thermostat housing and PVC valve are on the list as well.

Leo

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
There are a couple of different ways to tackle the job.
By washing down the area, you can then watch to see where it's leaking.
I've found the most common leak is where the hose slides onto the nipple at the top of the radiator.
Here you can tighten the hose clamp a little more and then see if that stops the leak.
(After I have cleaned the area, I wedge a piece of a paper towel under the hose and nipple, leaving it there, to get an idea of how much and how fast it's leaking)

Sooner or later you will have to replace the hose because it is old and brittle.
You can purchase both lines from Mopar or you can cut the hose and attach new, soft, pliable hose using a dual nipple hose connector and hose clamps from NAPA.
(Peva has some great recommendations for this method)

You have to make the choice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello guys

Tags, I cleaned the lines and will check a few days later to see where the leak is coming from. I may just replace them in the future.

I visited 3 different places that work on upholstery this weekend. They gave me an estimate for the concord front seats and the 300m back folding seat. Around 1500 with parts and labor. They also install the heating elements. Any one of you have added this feature to your non heated cars seats?

I have seen a few on line varying from 40 to 89 dollars. Any good options out there?

Where do you guys think I can splice the power cables for the heating element? I am attaching a picture that I took from the floor of the drivers seat. What kind of cable is it? When I remove the seats from my car the cable was not connected to anything.
In the picture the connection on the right is the one fro the electric seat, the one on the left is the one Im asking about.

Regarding the top dash, do they still have them available for replacement?
Mine is starting to develop another crack, and my car has been in my garage since last october!!!!!!!!. I have seen in You tube that you can try to cover it with vinyl wrap but I am worried about the airbag during a collision. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Leo

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
(EDIT: I just saw your post, tgs. I forgot to click to read page 2 before posting.)

Quite often the tranny fluid leaks on the rubber hoses is just a matter of tightening the hose clamps on the radiator bibs due to compression set of the rubber. Not very common for the tranny cooler hoses to develop holes. The clamp screw heads can be a bear to get to - would help to remove the cooling fan assembly for better access. It is worth considering replacing those screw clamps with fuel injection hose clamps - they clamp so much more evenly around the whole hose circumference so you can crank them down fairly hard without cut-through like the screw clamp hoses do.

The plastic radiator side tanks like to suddenly rupture when they’re as old as ours are. If it’s never been replaced, might not be a bad idea, however, the aftermarket radiators can be a gamble these days.

I would replace the coolant reservoir - they like to get brittle and seep thru micro-cracks when they’re as old as our cars, and eventually suddenly crack open and dump all your coolant. Do NOT get the aftermarket tank. They don’t last too long. Spend extra on an OEM tank. I think there are some good deals on OEM tanks on eBay - but make sure they’re not using weasel words to make an aftermarket tank sound like it’s an OEM. They include a new cap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Peva, I will definitely get a new coolant tank as well. When you go to the dodge dealership to buy these parts, how do you know it is a real dodge part and not an aftermarket one. The question arrises since most of our parts are not been built any more.

Any body knows what the black connector on the lower part of the photo is for?

Any body knows what fuse can I use to connect power to a seat heating element when the ignition switch is on only?

Thanks

Leo

1 - 20 of 32 Posts