DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ALL of the 2002 ES's come standard with the 234 HP 3.5? I read in msn carpoint that the engine is an option. I was wanting an SXT, but maybe an ES 3.5 would be the way to go?:dozeoff:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I think you can still get the ES with a 2.7, but most are the larger engine variety.

I think SXT is defintely the way to go...bases at $23,000 (right around the base price of the ES) you get all the R/T goodies, but not a few of the luxury items like the OTIS which you can add for under $100.00 anyways.

:wink:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Hey Operator....I read your signature. You're a confused person, aren't you? :biggrin: just kidding

If you aren't hurting to buy a new car right now, you might want to wait a couple of years. The next model Intrepid (if it's called that) will be RWD. Not to mention that the R/T will have the HEMI engine!!! Oh hell yeah!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I think the SXT is a very good deal. It brings you many of the must have features and doesn't break the bank. As stated earlier, adding features when you get spare cash is always an option.

I am also interested in waiting until the next model comes out. But, as always I urge people to wait until the second year of a new model to buy it. This gives the company the time to work the bugs out that arise when the vehicle is actually put on the street.

So, you may be able to lease the SXT this year and by the time the three year lease is up, you can jump into a 2005 Intrepid (if it comes out then) and have the best of both worlds.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend doing this if your job security is questionable right now. :p Like mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts