DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been improperly thinking my '97 was an ES just because of the 3.5L. I know now that it is not, and that seems to explain a lot suspension-wise. Reading up on the ES, I saw they had a 'touring' (stiffer?) suspension. What exactly is the difference... just the shocks? On all the parts sites I never noticed different components for the standard vs the ES. I'd be interested in finding the ES shocks if thats all it is to put on my car once they go. My interest isn't modding the car too much but for a daily driver its a little too soft of a ride.

ALSO turns out I don't have ABS. Big surprise, I figured that would be standard.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
From what I can think of off-hand, a side from the shocks, you also got stiffer springs, and a hair bigger Stabilizer Bar front and back. And I believe that the "touring" suspension is the middle grade one, The stiff one is the "
sport" suspension package. Someone correct me if I'am wrong though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That explaines it...My daughter has a 95 New Yorker. The other day she had to drive my 94 Intrepis ES. She said that my steering, suspension, etc. was a lot tighter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts