DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I bought this really expensive rim cleaner from canadain tire and afterwards there is this white film or frost and you can wipe it off but then it comes back almost instantly and cant seem to get rid of it, what do you guys recommend I use to get em sparkling clean? with no residue

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok nobody can recommend rim cleaners or why im getting this white film?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re:ES Rims

I recommend Purple Power and a nylon brush. Worked great on my wife's Grand Cherokee and the brake dust hasn't been building up again (been about 2 weeks now). Follow the directions. Easy to use and inexpensive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sound like O.P. almost or did bleach the clearcoat on the rim.I wish I could give more input on what to do next.I DO know Armour All will make it go away temporarily and this probably isnt the best solution,but it works.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm guessing your rims are the chrome ES rims. I use purple power to clean the tires and rims and I use the Duragloss clear coat polish on my paint and rims. It removes the dried water spots and residue.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
ok I bought this really expensive rim cleaner from canadain tire and afterwards there is this white film or frost and you can wipe it off but then it comes back almost instantly and cant seem to get rid of it, what do you guys recommend I use to get em sparkling clean? with no residue
There's your problem right there. CT sells crap when it comes to most of their cleaners, especially the tire and rim stuff. It's all mostly sulphuric acid based which should never be used on aluminum rims. You've probably eaten the protective coating off the rims now, and there's not really any way of getting it back.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
There's your problem right there. CT sells crap when it comes to most of their cleaners, especially the tire and rim stuff. It's all mostly sulphuric acid based which should never be used on aluminum rims. You've probably eaten the protective coating off the rims now, and there's not really any way of getting it back.

Strip them and paint them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts