DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting the scene…we all know how crazy the weather in the Midwest was yesterday. Well that carried into Cleveland mainly in the form of very strong winds and heavy rain. As I am leaving work around 11pm heading home on I-71 south, the front is just approaching, so it has only begun to drizzle but is very windy. Speed limit is 60mph. I am cruising in the fast lane (4 lane highway each direction) at about 65-68. I get up on a little Honda Accord (‘94-’96) and patiently wait for them to move over and allow me by, as by this time we are only doing 60 in the passing lane. I wait about a quarter mile then decided to get behind a vehicle in the adjacent lane to the right of me to move over a second lane to get back over to the far left lane. As I creep behind the car in the next lane and so on to the next, this little Accord decided to speed up. By the time I get back around the guy I just passed we are now both doing 75, as I want to get in front of this Accord. He then comes up on slower traffic and has to move over two lanes as I move over one to pass by. He slithers back in front in the fast lane after pretty much cutting off a few people as I once again come from two lanes over, now we are up to 85 approaching 90. I cut in front of what turns out to be a her in the fast lane and then decide to irritate her as we approach some traffic, so, being in no hurry now, I slow back to my 65-70 speed until we get by traffic and she once again, gets on the inside of me and tries to blow by. I will have none of this seeing as how all I wanted to begin with was the courtesy to be let by. So, as soon as she gets next to me I hit it, not to the floor, but just down a gear, as her ride is no competition for my ‘treps full throttle. We race up until I hit 95mph having her beat by at least 500 feet. I slow down to claim victory, as she then quickly buzzes off at the next exit. I admit it felt good, but the wind really added a challenge blowing in 55+mph gusts. I would have liked to played some more but I too, would soon need to exit, as I was below an eighth tank of gas and would not make it home. That was about the extent of it, nothing compared to actually driving through the storm when it hit, talk about rain and wind and having no streetlights to see any pavement. You know the kind, blacktop that pretty much disappears in the rain and reflects like a pane of glass. I’m just thankful it wasn’t cold enough to do here what it did in the North Dakota and Wisconsin. We will be seeing that soon enough!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Snow here today, getting an inch now by the looks of it... My baby is all waxed up for da winter! Took it 60 home today, Grandpa-Si

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You can take the snow and shuv it! :)

I hate it... hate.hate.hate it...

:p

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
SOMEBODY STOP ME!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, winter has peeked in on us here today, they're talking anywhere from 3-12" in the snowbelt of Cleveland with only a few inches here or there! Yikes! I too, dislike the snow very much, it only needs to be around for the holidays, then be gone! I just dislike driving in it, even though I do it year in and out, just gets to be too much of a hassle. I need to move to the desert! Do we have any members from the Phoenix or Las Vegas area? We need to talk....

Anyway, now we have started a post within a post, back to the original message, so have I deemed a fair kill or is it just another road rage victory? Just curious, I didn't get any feedback....oh, and how do I get rated, I too would like some stars next to my name please!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yup winter is here too...it was mid 70's today!

·
Registered
973 Posts
winter? Yesterday it was 88, low about 80. Tomorrow, next week, next moth, next year .. uhm well, about the same. Sunshine, tennis, golf, and scuba every freaking day. Meet ya at the beach.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I always wondered who the assholes were who played these dangerous games behind the wheel. Now I see they're organized into a group.

If one of you dogs comes up on MY ass doing 90, your front end will end up in my trunk. I do what I can to torture all the jerks on the road. Most people do. :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
dorkbar must be one of them guys who SI or someone passed while creaming them in a race...they found yer car in yer SIG and now here they are trolling the forum flaming everyone.

kick em i say

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by dorkbar:
I always wondered who the assholes were who played these dangerous games behind the wheel. Now I see they're organized into a group.

If one of you dogs comes up on MY ass doing 90, your front end will end up in my trunk. I do what I can to torture all the jerks on the road. Most people do. :D
Wow...our first TROLL! :D I thought we'd experienced everything on this board.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
This reminds me of an experience I had some time ago. I was going down a hilly two lane road following this elderly couple. They were doing 45mph in a 55mph zone. I was a little miffed, but I said no big deal, I'm only a few miles away from home. Well, the speed limit went from 55mph to 45mph. So what did this couple do? Well, they slowed to 35mph when they hit the 45mph zone. WTF!!! They were obviously comfortable going 45mph! I guess they just had to do 10 less than the speed limit. Thank god they didn't slow to 25mph in the 35mph zone! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

And my fist would end up in your face, and the cop wouldnt be the wiser..

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
anyone else up for a road trip to greenbay?.....i bet DORKbar would just love to see a whole pack o' treps pullin in his yard :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If one of you dogs comes up on MY ass doing 90, your front end will end up in my trunk. I do what I can to torture all the jerks on the road. Most people do.

...so youre the reason my buddy chris isnt living anymore...asshole holier than thou fuhrers of the road who think they know whats best and make their own rules. well let me tell you something, if you slam your brakes cause "you think im riding too close"...this is a really sensitive topic for me...have you ever seen what a car looks like after it gets rear ended doing 65 mph??? do you have any idea what it even feels like to have to identify one of your best friends for the police after being an occupant in the said-vehicle, cause the wreck is bad enough that loose things inside the car are thrown a hundred feet???...IF SOME ASSHOLE IS TAILGATING YOU, GET THE HELL OUT OF HIS WAY...you ****ing hipocrite...i dont even know why im saying this, this whoever dorkbar or dickraw or whatever...listen man, dont feed ME that "i know whats best" bullshit, cause you know what? it takes two to tango...maybe theyre not tailgating, maybe they're trying to keep pace with your blistering 60-0 deceleration...cause everyone loses. you are part of the problem on the road.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts