DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, Did anyone have this happen? I have a 97' Vision and it's been a Great car! {ESI} Its idles Bad- But runs Great Driving .
Mechanic says I have a leak in the plenum. Says probably upper and lower gaskets and it's a very common problem on this engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same car(3.5L). It had a problem last year where it idled really low almost near stalling, and ran fine when moving. It was just the oxygen censors, so it wasn't anything major. You said your car idles bad so I don't know if it could be the same problem or not!?! Good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am very new here, but on this site and Allpar.net, the intake gaskets are a very common
issue. Search the threads here at di.net and you;ll see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Plenum gaskets arent that common, but intake gaskets are. I'm not sure about the 3.3, but the 3.5 gasket replacement only takes a couple of hours and the gaskets are pretty cheap if you want to do it yourself. You might want to try asking in the main forum under a topic of "3.3 gaskets" or something like that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've seen intake gaskets go bad on the 3.5. Check all of your vacuum lines too, If you have an air leak anywhere with vacuum lines and / or gaskets it will cause poor idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts