DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you where at the meet in chicago you will know what my hood looked like. I would post a pic but my camera is not working. it had a tool box fall on it and left some minor dents is the best way to explain how bad it is.

Anyway I finally went to see what it would take to redo my hood. I went to the Local Dodge collision center in town and they gave me a estimate of $105 for the paint material, $105 for the parts, and $281 for the labor. That is a grand total of $407. I want to know if you think I can get a better rate somewhere else or should I buy a hood the same color from salvage. I was looking at some of the hoods at car-parts.com and they are priced 200 and bellow. Let me know what you think :alien: .

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Sounds like it's time for a custom Carbon Fibre Ram-Air hood!!! No, seriously.....I really want one and my hood isn't even damaged!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Avenger said:
Sounds like it's time for a custom Carbon Fibre Ram-Air hood!!! No, seriously.....I really want one and my hood isn't even damaged!

Maybe some HEMI stickers also? Don't forget the red paint for the dash.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
/me wants Adaptabl to buy a Chevrolet Cavalier VL and go do something more useful with his time like go over to www.Jbody.org and talk about how great the plastic trim is! :) Seriously, you don't like Intrepids so GET THE **** OUT OF HERE! ****tard!

Yeah, on second thought, picking up a hood from a salvage yard would be a lot more cost efficient. Sorry, I got a little excited when I saw the hood thread!

·
Registered
489 Posts
You mean adaptabl, right?

/confused....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That was the fastest subject change I have seen. We are talking about my car and on the next post we are talking about avenger getting a hood. Have you found out about the carbon fiber at all rob? I would also like to know who exactly are you calling a ****tard???

I wish I could get the camera to work. Maybe I will take it to someone elses house and post a pic. The camera will not work right on my computer now.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I happen to have a Ramhead sitting right beside me here BRAND NEW with the backing wax paper still attached. However I don't have a Dodge, I don't know what to do with it :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts