DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601353645

Ok... I decided to get the euro-style antenna cause i always felt the stock antenna just looks like ****. However, Intrepidatious pointed out to me that my stock antenna seemed to not screw down all the way on my car... we found out it was missing some grooves inside.

So i went out and got the Euro-style antenna. Well..... I thought that all the antennas would be the same... if its screws on, it would work. Well I didnt know that different car makers have different sized antenna masts.

It seems that the Chrysler antenna mast uses a bigger more proprietary one... if I try to screw the euro antenna onto it, it wont fit... the mast is too large... antenna hole is too small. In order to get this antenna on my car, I have to use this stupid coupler that comes with the antenna. Well using the coupler is dumb cause if you look closely at the pic of the intrepid... you will see the coupler is more NARROW than the antenna bottom. It looks retarted.

My question is... is there any way to take off the existing antenna mast on the intrepid and replace it with a slightly smaller one that would fit the antenna i bought? I have replacement masts... does the mast on the Intrepid screw off?

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I was in your situation, and I probably will soon, I'd have the antenna re-tapped to the correct thread. I happen to have those tools but most automotive repair shop should be able to do it for you at minimal cost. A 5 minute job at best.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just go to Walmart and get a Universal "euro" style antenna... That's what I did and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the one you posted from ebay. I have pics which hopefully will be up soon (when Randy finds out what's wrong with his password).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey man, I got a eurostyle antenna then took it off because it looked gay, I did not use the adapter **** thing, get some heavy duty plyers with rubber on the grip parts to protect it and screw her on, thats how I did it with mine. I just did not like the eurostyle after a while, I will post a pic sometime of what the one I have looks like.

·
Registered
468 Posts
you could just do like the first gen that arnt like that just screw one on that stays on all the time(not retracktable) I know it dont look all that good but i like mine like that(i see it as more power from the amp to raise a dumb antena that i dont even use)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock antenna looks like total ****.... its cheap looking... i dont know how anyone with this rubber antenna that I have can say it looks gay. I think it looks way better.

Oh well, if i cant get it on somehow... i guess ill have to go back to the factory antenna.

A motorized antenna is out of the question because the local audio guy i deal with doesnt want anything to do with hooking up a motorized antenna to a stock radio. I guess it wouldnt be worth the few bucks he would make on it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
like I said just crank it on, it will take some effort but it will go, it worked for me. I just personaly did not like it so I got a better one. it was too thick for my liking but it was better than stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts