DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ac has a leak; almost positive its the core. Last summer had the fog through the vents and when I first turn the heat on I get a bad smell. My question is: Does anyone know what part number the core is? 97 3.3 no atc. I have conflicting numbers from a site. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know that my 97 has two different types that were used. A plate type and a fin or coil type. You don't really know which one until you take the dash out to get to the core.

J

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem, but amazingly, it went away after I put some A/C "leakstop" upon recharging my A/C. That stuff, reluctantly I used, but it worked.. hopefully. Problem has not come back in a year. Better than spending 20 some hours working in acrobatic positions to take dash apart and access the core. Dealer charges $800 to do it plus parts. It is probably the hardest part to replace. I'd rather do engine rebuild.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it sucks and I have been putting it off but it was like 95 yesterday and that sucks more. Id really like to know which one I have so the car isnt tied up because I think it will need to be ordered from Advanced Auto or Napa. Can I call the dealer and give them my vin?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There are some leak sealers that actually work. Normally installed by professionals into a vacuum. It seeks a drop in pressure (leak) which causes frost. The frost is what cures the epoxy part of the sealer. The downside of these sealers is on the springlock connectors that are used on the lines. If there is a slight leak when these connectors flex, it will seize the connection. Not a bad thing unless you have to replace a componant at a later time. When I had to replace my condensor, I also had to replace the high pressure line that goes to the h-block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts