DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently changing the evaporator core on my Intrepid and I must say, I clearly see why places charge ALOT to do it. Since I'm taking damn near everything off I decided that I'm going to do my ATC conversion as well. I haven't gotten the evaporator core off yet but I am wondering, since I am so close to getting it out. I know there are three screws on the firewall behind the engine that need to come off in order to access the heater core and evaporator core. My question is, to anyone who has ever done this change, the instrument that holds the both cores, big black thing that sits behind the dash, after the screws are removed, is there suppose to STILL be a difficult time pulling it out? Everytime I tug on it, it feels like at the bottom there is still a screw or something holding it in place but when I checked I found nothing.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
really pisses me off too cause once I can get this big black thing, that holds both cores off, then damn I can switch the evaporator core out and be done with it. Its being an ass and making me mad cause once I get that core out then I put everything back. Even replacing the receiver drier on the intrepid isn't hard.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

right next to the main vent that is at an angle. there is the big instrument thing that holds both cores, I can't get it off and don't understand why.

by the way the pic is courtesy of DCell's sig page, hope he doesn't care. Besides its the closest pic to how my trep looks now.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I did, it said after the screws were removed to pull out then down and it should come out, only problem is it is catching on something that I can't seem to locate anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts