DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Tuesday before thanksgiving, the car gets side swiped... Then the Friday after thanksgiving the car gets tboned on the other side.... Top it off, my insurance "agent" claimed liability so the costs are on me... needless to say, 99 a is a gonner. Oh and I have switched insurance compannies.

Here are some pics and vids:

Vids

Photos

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Josh,I wouldn't take that lying down. Go over your agent's head...if the other guy is at fault, he needs to pay for it.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,426 Posts
That really sucks Josh. Quite sorry to hear. Most of all glad no one was injured in either crash. At least you have another car that you can meld this one into and make another badass M.

Liability only, no comp, or collision, your pretty much out of luck. If you were found at fault in the accident, your done for... :glum:

If it was hit on private property you might be able to try to claim it on the property owners insurance, but its a long shot..

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Ug... Especially a beauty like that one, these cars are still worth full coverage. I've done 2500 worth of damage to mine twice now. Last month they told me State Farm would cover $6000 worth of damage on my trep without totaling it. That buys alot of body work. Would hate to hear that the car only had PLPD on it, such a waste!!!

And like Dan said, glad no one was hurt, coulda been much worse.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry to hear, at least you're alright. No way to save it? I mean save for the damage by the passenger rear wheel most of that stuff looks like it could be fixed with a few runs to the junkyard and a paint job.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Josh,I wouldn't take that lying down. Go over your agent's head...if the other guy is at fault, he needs to pay for it.
Police report deems me at fault. To fight it would be calling the officer a liar, we all know how that goes. I had no collision coverage.

That really sucks Josh. Quite sorry to hear. Most of all glad no one was injured in either crash. At least you have another car that you can meld this one into and make another badass M.

Liability only, no comp, or collision, your pretty much out of luck. If you were found at fault in the accident, your done for... :glum:

If it was hit on private property you might be able to try to claim it on the property owners insurance, but its a long shot..
I am most thankful Natily was not in the car. That is all I cared about. This is just another car. I built it once, I can do it again. Live love and loose.

Very true on the other car, it is already in the works on the 02. I am turning the 99 into a stock car, maybe even a convertible. I get to practice body repair also. Thinking the whole corner is gonna need help.

Sorry to hear, at least you're alright. No way to save it? I mean save for the damage by the passenger rear wheel most of that stuff looks like it could be fixed with a few runs to the junkyard and a paint job.
Of course it can be saved, but in all reality it is a 1999 Base with 167K, not worth paying to fix, would cost twice as much as the car is worth. I can drive it as is inner city, but I dont trust it on the highway or with my daughter in it. Just embarrassing to pull a 9 month old out of a car that looks like this ya know...

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
just dress like your on welfare,, oops that would mean it would have to be a lexus,, or escalade

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
meh, 3 doors and it's good enough for a winter beater. Any suspension damage in the right rear?
The wheel is at about a 27 degree angle inward, Body is smashed.

Man that sucks to hear.....One thing that's for sure Josh the next M will probably be more bad ass then this one.....glad to hear no one was hurt.....
Yep, next car will be interesting. I am thankful everyday that I have and that Natily is healthy. The car can be replaced, not sweating it. Now its going to be a derby car or a convertible...

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
That sucks about the car - although the little one doesn't care about the car, as long as they with Dad.

LOL at Tom on the Welfare comment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts