DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BACK IN 1976 OR SO, I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY A 1968 ORANGE, AND BLACK VINYL ROOF, DODGE CHARGER RT WITH A MAGNUM 440 CU.IN. 375 hp MOTOR WITH SOME WEIRD AUTO TRANNY. THE GUY WANTED $600.00 CDN (AT THAT TIME OUR MONEY WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO YOURS). I ACTUALLY BARGAINED HIM DOWN TO $500.00 BUT IT HAD SOME STARTING PROBLEMS, MAYBE ALTERNATOR OR BATTERY, BEARINGS AND THATS ABOUT IT AS FAR AS I KNEW. THE BLACK STRIPING WAS KINDA MESSED AND THE GUY HAD CHARGER PLASTERED ALONG THE REAR QUARTER DECKS (DIDN'T LIKE THAT). I WAS IN COLLEGE AND COULDN'T COVER THE REPAIRS.
I ENDED UP WITH A DODGE DART GT 340 275 HP, GREEN WITH A PSYCHADELIC VINYL ROOF.
BOY, IF I COULD FLY BACK IN TIME AND SNATCH UP THAT CHARGER!!! :confused: :confused: :mad:
ANY OTHER FABLED STORIES OUT THERE, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE OVER 35? BUT NOT RESTRICTED OF COURSE!!!

DANNY
CAPITALCITY RT
01 BLK RT CHRYSLERRRRRRRRRRRR

·
980 Posts
That dart is a collector car now also.The car I wish I would have bought but passed on was a 1970 Maserati Ghibli Spyder, I was at an IMSA race at Lime Rock and the car was parked near where we were camped, it was 1974 I think,any way, it was champagne in color with a saddle colored leather interior,sign on it said $7500.00 it had 30k miles and was perfect.I lived at that time in rural Pa and figured if I could buy it I would not be able to get it fixed or even maintained oh well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Back about ten years ago, I turned down a 1965 Thunderbird (the "squarebird") for $500.00. It was in a barn in Michigan, it was in perfect shape but wasn't running. It had the "swing-away" steering wheel and everything. Though not the big collector's item that the Charger R/T or the Maserati, but it is a cool "cruisin" car...and with the all the resurgance of the Thunderbird popularity now, it would have been pretty cool to have.

Here's what it basically looked like (except it didn't have the fake top): Pretty sweet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts