DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see... Well I go to the dealership after my Psychology final today (which I passed and that made me happy) and they are willing to give me payoff for the corde... that makes my day... So I drive the car, talk numbers, and so on(going back tomorrow with my uncle so he can talk em down)... I get home because I have to take my last final which is an online class. So I get home, get the site up and go to the page where the final is... So I get the page up and Im ready to start... A pop up shows its ugly face... "You are the 1,000,000,000 visitor to this page blah blah blah" I click the little X to close it..........ALL THE WINDOWS close... I freak out... Then, windows just restarts itself......WTF.... I go back to the website to resume the test... I get, you cannot resume the final exam and it cannot be reviewed... you have failed the final exam... SO IM PISSED... I email my instructor 3 times, call her office etc... No repsonse... I then figured out what the grade for the class would be without the grade... a 65... the Final is worth 35%... So I really need to take it... It all happened so fast I didnt even get to read the first question... What can I do? If my instructor wont let me take it, Im complaining to the school and so on... I dont need a D when I can have an A... What do you all suggest?

·
Registered
350 Posts
That happened when we were trying to take my sister's music final. Yes, I was using my computer to do so. My neighbor was rewiring some electricity for our new hot tub. He cut the power. She ended up having to call her professor 3 times to get it reset. You should be ok. Just explain it calmly and follow up on it tomorrow if you didn't get a response today. It will be ok.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is a pretty common thing with online classes. They usually warn you to make sure that you have a pop up blocker when you take an online test. You should definitely get in touch with your professor. Im sure your professor knows that this can happen and should be able to reset the test for you. When you do, make sure you have some sort of pop-up blocker. If something does pop up then just ignore it until you have finished the test. If you can take it at you university or college computer lab then do it there. Those places usually have firewalls that keep pop-ups from coming up and you wont have to worry about it. Thats what I have usually done, and if you do have a problem then you can blame it on the schools computer and you'll have a witness (computer tech) who can vouch for you as well.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is all better now! I dont know why I got a pop up when I have to pop up blocker... But I called her office first thing this morning and she was there... I explained the situation to her and she was very understanding. She looked up my account and reset the lock for me. I took the test and passed with a 92! Im so exited... but goddamn pop ups suck!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Start using a different browser. I use Opera and I have gotten only 2 or 3 unwanted advertisements come on my screen in the last several years of using this program.

Glad to hear everything turned out ok though. Similar thing happenned to my g/f. She got a D in a course and couldn't figure out why. Turns out she got a zero on the exam (she had an A in the course going into the exam). She e-mailed the prof and as it turned out, she put her student number on her exam sheet wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah if you use Internet Explorer your gonna get pop ups. I use Mozilla. Its free and superior to IE. Pretty much the same interface though so its easy to switch over and figure everything out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts