DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're an oddball and haven't done this mod yet (shame on you) I have still have an EVIC..and a few OTIS(s) I need to get rid of. I'm asking $43 shipped on the EVIC/homelink ...and $25 shipped for an OTIS

EVIC...also I have since swapped the housing for it..to one with sunroof controls...It's from a Jeep...but works fine in my car (98 ES) not all features will work in pre-2002 cars...but all the basic OTIS functions work

I don't have separate pics of the OTIS(s)...but as you can see in this pic...I have quite a few of them...(The gloss black one is not for sale)

Paypal is preferred...but I'm willing to work something out.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Interested in the EVIC

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the OTIS is light tan (peanut butter) I am interested.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the diff. between a EVIC and the OTIS?

At a glance...
"The outside look of EVIC and OTIS are the same. EVIC has a pixelated display and OTIS has the 7 segment display. The words on EVIC are bigger, so a little bit better to look at. Also because it's pixelated, it is able to display messages in non-abbreviated way. For instance, on an EVIC, it will actually say "distance to empty" where as on OTIS it will say "DTE".

Also EVIC will have some programming functions such as headlight turn off delay, automatic doorlock while driving, and so on. Though I don't know if they will all work on a 2000.

Other than the programming functions, the normal usage functions are the same on OTIS and EVIC. Both will have compass/temperature/avg MPG/instant MPG (NOT on 2003+ EVIC though). Some newer EVICs will also have a tire pressure monitoring system.

Also on both OTIS and EVIC, there can be the garage door opening function (basically if you see dots on the OTIS surface)."

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you!!

Nice OTIS. I'm planning on installing it this weekend.

Pleasure to meet you.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you!!

Nice OTIS. I'm planning on installing it this weekend.

Pleasure to meet you.
It was my pleasure man...anytime!
I look forward to seeing the post- install pics.

One think I would say is...trace an outline of the Otis on paper, cut it out...and then use that as a template when cutting the headliner. Measure twice...and cut once!! Take your time also. Try to cut it smaller if you are unsure...that way you can trim little pieces off at a time, til the unit is able to fit. It's better to have a hole smaller than the Otis housing,then a larger one.

Good luck on the install...just contact me if you need further assistance.

It was nice meeting you :icon_cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts