DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like some of you, I got bored with my interior. So I started changing things, may have gotten a little bit out of hand. There is not one part I have not had out of this car. Thought I would share the evolution of just the center console. This is a time line of it over the last 3 years. It has changed many times and will be changing this spring as well. I started collecting pictures and decided to throw it all in to one thread. So here goes....

The first thing I ever did to the car (MOD wise) was the clock background:

Then I decided to learn how to paint.... Gloss black was not my favorite:

So I went to titanium silver. Took my time on this one and learned how to wet sand:

Then I got into wiring, after years of wiring my computers, it started on the car:

Switches controlled the dash neons and door LEDs:

Stayed this way for awhile, then I found a water jet machine:

To do this I had to relocate the radio and climate controls to the console and lid:

Got some gauges, a GPS, and few more switches took some wiring:

This was the finished product:

Without GPS:

The GPS got old, and I had a few more ideas, this was going to take time:
Wanted to relocate a few things, first time fiber glass use:

Got the evic housing from a fellow member, thanks buddy:

Then it was on to extension harnesses, I didn't like cutting factory wiring, yet:

And this is the whole set up now, (except now I have Glow Shift gauges in):

Heres the Glow Shift gauges:

Most of all the knowledge I got to do this with was from the forums. I appreciate it guys.

Any questions let em out!

(and yes I am going for a space ship theme :baseballbat:)

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,823 Posts
Nothing less than friggin' awesome!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice job!!

But I do have one question.....How well does the ATC head work in the console? In reguards to the temp sensor now being inside the console.

I am impressed. Great job!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job!!

But I do have one question.....How well does the ATC head work in the console? In reguards to the temp sensor now being inside the console.

I am impressed. Great job!
Functions without a problem. It is usually open while I am in the car. The original premise for relocating the radio was to prevent thiefs if you can believe that.

It all looks freaking sweet nice work A+++.

Is that Kydex you used around the gauges and switches?
Its actually polyethylene, we do a lot of injection molding at my job, just used a scrap piece.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is it possible to relocate the temp sensor on the ATC somewhere else? I would actually really like to move the sensor and the defrost button to their own location and hide the remainder of the assembly to the glve box since I very rarely use the glove box or the ATC unit.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont see why not. I have a bad one, ill open it up and see. I cant remember if it is wired or a part of the circuit board.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Good work my friend...good work.
So you do solder!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I like many of your ideas. I would have tweeked them a little.
Picture 4 If you lightly sand the clear plastic it would hide the wires. The light will still shine through giving the floating look. I did this earlier with guages. I really liked your earlier concepts but would have mounted the headlight switch, and sunroof switch were the cubby was. Moving the aux. switches to the center console (next to the shift gate or where the stock radio location was.
Just wondering if the center bezel (ATC/radio) were sanded smooth and painted, to match the rest of the console (upper and lower) if it would look better.
Great ideas, looking forward to your future mods.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Lookin GOOD Josh, hmmmmm never realized yu were such a wiring freak,, oh do i have some idea's stirring......

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
amazing to say the least

1 - 17 of 17 Posts