DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up i am a new owner of the 2004 es i was wondering what it is possible to do to it.. ie speed and looks bodykits superchargers???!?!?!?

not sure of anything about intrepids let me know what any of you think all ideas are welcome thanks for the help!!

sean

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
welcome... speed not much..... maybe the intake mayeb exhaust( IMO hurts the "speed" ).... lots of other appreance mods.. super/turbos are pretty much out of the questions unless you got money to throw around since it'd be totally custom

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome to the club. As said above, no one makes headers for our cars because the market isn't there but some have made custom setups. JoeKD's CAI is a really popular mod on here. There are a few body kits out there so just search. There's some pretty cool interior mods on here too. Look around and feel free to ask questions!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
It's OK anyways.......your Intrepid with the 3.5L would eat a stock Avenger for lunch in a race ;)

I just put SE (2.7L) gears into mine a few days ago.....pepped it up a bit :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
redstripe86 said:
hey whats up i am a new owner of the 2004 es i was wondering what it is possible to do to it.. ie speed and looks bodykits superchargers???!?!?!?

not sure of anything about intrepids let me know what any of you think all ideas are welcome thanks for the help!!

sean
Personally my taste is not to try to make my car look 'different' in obvious ways, so I don't go in for body kits - ironing board spoilers - goofy white lettering across the top of the windshield - wheels that look like oversized food processor blades - that sort of thing. And face it, these cars of ours can move quite respectably but they were not designed to be hot rods and the transmission will remind you of that if you insist. These are front wheel drive cars that are supremely competent and awfully nice looking and enjoyable to drive, but if you want something that you can modify the heck out of, I would think a small oriental car with a stick shift would be much better suited.

Of course, you're making the payments, you get to do as you please, but whatever you do, remember that Intrepids were never intended to be brute force street machines (and you're not gonna fool anybody no matter how loud the exhaust is). Personalize it if you like, but try to keep hold on some good taste in what you do to the appearance.

Just my opinion... I'm sure there are some who are going to suggest enormous wheels and a tailpipe tip the size of a thermos.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Welcome redstripe,

Do what you want with your car. Have 4 thermos' sticking out the back.

The most extreme performance mod you can do easily is nitrous. If you go forced induction, you must do custom work($$$) as mentioned. If that is what you want, you should get a car that already has a kit developed for it.

The transfer gear swap mentioned above is also an inexpensive mod but time consuming. I would think it reduces MPG as well.

You can also go into your control panel on this site and fill out your profile. That way we can see where you live and can hit you up in case there is a meet or anything like that near your area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.