DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that, on cooler mornings, my exhaust has white smoke coming out of it...it looks like the regular condensatin burning off that you see in the fall/winter, but even after the car is at normal operating temp, it is still there at idle...there is no loss of coolant or oil, so what could it be?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Pretty much the same here too. I don't see any real plume at this time of year. But the tail pipe still drips water.

·
Registered
979 Posts
wb6vpm said:
if it is dripping water, that means that your cats are doing thier jobs
I didn't realize that. Yea even in summer, when the car is parked on our slightly sloped driveway, a couple of ounces of water always drips slowly out the tailpipe.

I had this thing E-Tested (mandatory Drive Clean program in Ontario) early this year. The numbers were so frickin low that the guy thought his equipment was out of calibration. So he recalibrated and ran it again. Same results the 2nd time around. He showed me both sets of results when I went to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
va3ux said:
The numbers were so frickin low that the guy thought his equipment was out of calibration.
Yup, when I bought mine the previous owner had the testing + safety cert. done at the dealership. I forget which gas it was but the test result was 0ppm.
I didn't think that was even possible.

·
Registered
518 Posts
va3ux said:
I didn't realize that. Yea even in summer, when the car is parked on our slightly sloped driveway, a couple of ounces of water always drips slowly out the tailpipe.QUOTE]

Yup, that is what a catalytic converter does...it converts carbon monoxide into H2O(water)... :bgtup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts