DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put an exhaust bypass on my intrepid this weekend, right after the 3rd cat. looks real ugly, but noone'll see it. :D when i take off those 3 leaf bolts and open the plate, car definitely is louder. (little spunkier too, but that is prob cause i havent driven it that much lately) i was afraid that there would be a lot of lifter noise when open, but there wasnt. (NOTHING like when i cranked over the car right after i cut out the stock exhaust...man that car sounded like hell then!)
its not a REAL bypass, but when open a lot of exhaust does flow out of it...part cost me 30 bucks, it was a slide-on piece, cut out a section of existing pipe, took the rear sections out of their hangars, and slid it into place...used U-bolt clamps,...ugly. ah well, we'll see if it actually makes a nominal difference, if anyone cares. im gonna try'n get a timed run in before thanksgiving (work-willing)...ill keep yall posted.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, and for the hell of it, im prob. gonna do a run with nothing but the cats on...see what happens.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hey, its been a while did you get any results, being good or bad installed mine as well for the flames now playing around with sparking system and timing to get it to work right.

i dont drive it enuf to use the bypass,work 12 hour days!!1- :(

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt get any numbers, but i can say it does run a little better (acceleration from 50-??? was noticably quicker.

so we'll see later...if i still have the car! i want a trade-in on a new dakota...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wait....youre doin the flames??? AWESOME!!!!!!! POST A VID HERE!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts