DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey getting the engine swap to 3.2 done next week and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I was wondering if some of you guys out there with setups could give me some advice on what I should look for. Im guessing just a cat back, but should it be duals? pipe size? I dont want it to be loud just more agressive. Thanks!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
300M Special exhaust is a good upgrade. 3" pipe from just behind the resonator back and dual tips.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So. i should look at getting resonator back 3" duel pipes? no mufflers im guessin, less restriction the better. Is this like a custom copy cat of a 300m special exhaust?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
So. i should look at getting resonator back 3" duel pipes? no mufflers im guessin, less restriction the better. Is this like a custom copy cat of a 300m special exhaust?
300 Special exhaust is dual 2 1/4 pipes (IIRC) into one 3" pipe, then two mufflers near each tip.

You could do something very similar, but if your going to build it, I would suggest dual 2 1/4 pipes all the way back.

Get a flowmaster 80 muffler, alot run those. With straight pipes these cars sound like hondas, lol....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
300 Special exhaust is dual 2 1/4 pipes (IIRC) into one 3" pipe, then two mufflers near each tip.

You could do something very similar, but if your going to build it, I would suggest dual 2 1/4 pipes all the way back.

Get a flowmaster 80 muffler, alot run those. With straight pipes these cars sound like hondas, lol....
wow that saves me a lot of potential self esteem problems lol. So are you saying dont run two mufflers near the tip? and best place to get a Flowmaster 80, ebay maybe ? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts