DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came from the shop I always take my Car too. They told me they cannot install the Flowmaster 80 on my car. I was also told they don't make a unit for my car and that one will probably never be made. I guess I have three mufflers? I have no idea but I am really bummin'. Now what? LOL

James

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Assuming that you posted in the right forum, our cars have a front resonator, then a muffler (behind spare) and then another resonator with a tip (depending on model and year) Go check www.trubendz.com This has been discussed over and over.........If after doing a search, you still have questions, let us know. :fun_08:

P.S.: The search button is your best friend around here :bigok:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
you can put any exhaust on your car, its just a matter of getting the morons at the shop to stop being lazy. Go to a private custom shop, not those national chain shops. they are usually cheaper anyway... at least they are around here!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the info!

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
giantjd24 said:
Just came from the shop I always take my Car too. They told me they cannot install the Flowmaster 80 on my car. I was also told they don't make a unit for my car and that one will probably never be made. I guess I have three mufflers? I have no idea but I am really bummin'. Now what? LOL

James
It can fit, as long as the inlet & outlet are the correct size and at the correct location on the muffler. What part number is the series 80?

·
Registered
795 Posts
you don't want that shop working on your car anyway! Puting on my Flowmaster 80 was a piece of cake. The shop didn't even charge me for any "custom" work. About $280 total with tips

·
Registered
383 Posts
Went to 4 different places before I found someone who was willing to do what I wanted without giving me grief.

Told me, "The FlowMaster 80 is actually for Camaros and Firebirds, but I get the feeling that's the sound you're looking for." He also said, "I'll make it fit and look nice."

Had me come out in the bay after hanging everything in place, started it up so I could listen to it before making everything permanent.

Call around, you'll find someone out there who'll work with ya instead of against ya.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts