DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

im still not sure if im gonna have it exit out the side infront of the rear tires or all the way out the back. but it will sound sweet i think.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep. taking out the resonator and putting the x pipe there and then the bombs and then either out the sides or out the rear....havent decided that part yet. which ever is easier i guess.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Trepcruzin (RJ) put true duals on his and did a great job. He spent a long time making adjustments and tweaking it to get the sound he wanted. I tried running the same setup as him, but the shop wouldnt run duals on my car. So i have a 2 1/4" -> 3" Y, 3" midpipe, Magnaflow crossflow 1 in 2 out to 3" tail pipes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i wouldve said to the shop im paying for a service and i want it done this way.. im doing mine myself and a buddy of mine is a manager at a to haas and ill get the pipe the way i want it for cheap.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just a heads up, running the pipe out the side is notoriously loud. So if that is what you want, do it. Otherwise take it out the back

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats what i want is loud. thats why i bought 12" bombs instead of the standard length cuz the shorter they are the less sound dampening they do.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i even thought of straight pipes with no mufflers but i thought nah thatd sound to loud lol. if i could take the cats out i would but i cant. dammit. lol!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idk about tips yet just cuz i havent decided on where its gonna exit. if i go side exit ive gotta keep ground clearance in mind so i thought just a slant cut towards the rear of the pipe and painting it high temp black to keep them somewhat stealthy. but if i do go out the rear im going with a nice chrome 3" tip and redoing the molding in the bumper to either add another tailpipe dimple on the right or smoothing out the dimple on the left and having both tips flush under the bumper.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im gonna do side exit but both exiting out the passenger side of the car infront of the rear tire. its just easier and i dont have to worry about the fuel lines that run on the drivers side, im gonna have the tips slant cut and i hope it kinda looks like a gt2 track car. lol i just know its loud as it is now cuz i have the x pipe and bombs installed and the pipe started at a 45 towards the passenger side...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well gonna get the tail pipes finished tomorrow and i installed the k&n intake tonight. still might do side exit out both sides still not sure. god i hate making decisions like that. lol!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Put duals back to the center of the car, and then have the shop make you some simple bolt on side exits... run them for a while, and then if they suck, you can un-bolt the side pipes and have them pipe it to the rear of the car.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I have a always fancied running side exhaust out right below the rear doors kinda how a viper does it. But to run it the sides, you have to run it across fuel lines. Not to mention you will probably scrub speed bumps with the pipes running out the side.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a always fancied running side exhaust out right below the rear doors kinda how a viper does it. But to run it the sides, you have to run it across fuel lines. Not to mention you will probably scrub speed bumps with the pipes running out the side.
i know thats what bothers me the most is the fuel lines. thats why i might do both exiting out the passenger side cuz no fuel lines and more room and yeah im taking some ground clearance out but thats why im not putting any kinda tip on it im gonna have the pipe slant cut and ill paint them black. so only around 2.25 to maybe 3" will be lost. and on my car the ass sits way higher than the front for some reason. at least thats what i think when i look at it.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Where did you get the X from?

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
i might do both exiting out the passenger side
backwards NASCAR :riptires:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts