DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some might be like : there we go, another exhaust thread. Sorry, can't really find my answer to my questionning.

I love my RT, great car, excellent sleeper (especially in stay at home order in L.A., as l m still working, spanked a few Civic and also Accord and such), but......IT'S DARN QUIET.

Before you shout ricer, I am looking for more oomph, not a stuff that scream. Looking for something quiet while cruising on the freeway and in the city, and more "**** is getting real" like when hitting the high rev.

After the cats, I know we got resonator, then muffler and muffler exhaust.
Is there any aftermarket replacement for the resonator or the stock one is fine and can stay ?
also getting rid of both muffler for just one (magnaflow, I like straigh through design) can help ?
as I say, I m not looking for a screamer ( aka ricer aka pull me over coper sound), just more note (and if it bring a bit of performance, it s welcome too)

i m thinking to have it done in a shop (if you good adress in L.A. I m all ears). Stainless steel of course.

·
Premium Member
16,702 Posts
I'm not no 'xhaust guy, but do you already have a K&N intake filter? It would add a nice little intake sound, and a little more free flow and power. Not as good at filtering the air as a good paper filter unless you clean and re-oil frequently (a minor pain), but the little extra dust getting thru isn't going to do in you engine (assuming you aren't routinely driving thru an area with a lot of mining or agricultural dust).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a k&n replacement filter. I don't mind performance filter, I was use to the cleaning oiling on my car back in France.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The general consensus (i'd like to believe) is doing what the v6 camaro/firebirds do...and do something similar to this..

What I ended up doing was something like this....

Having the "magnaflow" collector up front eliminated will add a little drone, but honestly I feel that it gives the V6 the right amount of depth in tone. Just my opinion though. Flowmaster will give it an even louder tone, but...I don't think you want that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting, thank. I want something without a drone to be honest. Even if I use it the most, my wife use it and it s the main computer (my wife car is not driven much, but a nice 98 Durango 5.2).
I want to keep a stock look, so only one exhaust outting.
But it gives me some idea to explore. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you want to keep a stock look but get a little more sound cut the rear most resonator and add pipe where it used to be. It gets a little louder. But not by much.
I’ll find a picture of my car and add it here shortly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts