DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got two Flowmaster 40 series for $80 and I am trying to keep the whole thing pretty cheap. My question is, if I were to keep the resonator and just have that pipe go into one Flowmaster on the passenger side, would it still sound OK? I know that a lot of you took the resonator out but if I do that, that would be more parts and more labor. If I just get the two end mufflers cut off and have it go right into the Flowmaster, it would only consist of a foot or so of pipe and a hanger for the muffler which would probably be under $100. I would love to go all out and get true duals, or even get rid of the resonator, but like I said, money is tight but I still want that rumble. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well I just found out about y pipes by searching a little more. If I were to get a y pipe, dual 2.25 in and single 2.25 out, will that be a direct replace for the resonator? That way, I can pay only about $25 for that and have my mechanic install it and I don't have to worry about my previous question. Overall I would have from the cats to the y pipe straight back to the Flowmaster on the passenger side. Any thoughts? Is there any cheaper way to do it?

Will it still pass emissions?

·
Registered
76 Posts
let me see what I can do... My digtal cam does not have the best sound but.... Keep in mind I have Dual Ex frm the dynomax.. Prob 2ft long stainless pipes 2 1/2" dia, that helps with the pitch of the sound.. The performance muffler is not a fart can... It gives the 3.5L a very deep sound.. Almost like a V8 untill u reach about 6500RPM..LOL I have heard treps with fart cans... It does not sound so nice...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts