DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been doing alot of searching and cant seem to find exactly what Im looking for.....

Im looking for a simple exhaust that will change the way the car sounds, nothing extravagant, no duals...dont have the money for that lol!

I was trying to find something simple I could do in my backyard. I was looking at the flowmaster 40 but the question I have is Can i remove just the resonator and mount the flowmaster there, would this change the exhaust tone? (Has anyone done this?) I dont want to go through all the trouble and money of going to a shop and removing the muffler, etc. I just want it to sound a little different.

And if this will work, any recommendations on parts, etc. that I will need? Thanks, I willl be back on here when I get off work 2nite.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I have decided, I'm removing the muffler and rear resonator and putting in a Flowmaster 40. I think it will sound the best that way. Getting it done next week!

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
You will have the resonator up front, the muffler (across the back under the rear subframe) and the resonator out back.

If it were me, I would eliminate both the resonator, and muffler from the rear. Then, run your 40 under the car up near the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts