DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 1999 Chrysler Intrepid ES 3.2 V6. Can I grab resonator & pipe from a 2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5 V6 for replacement? Are they compatible?
I mean the part number 8 in the following scheme:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, completely compatible.
3.2 and 3.5 Intrepid piping is all the same.

2.7 Intrepid is probably the same, too.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,857 Posts
I believe the pipe diameter is smaller on the 2.7L exhaust.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, completely compatible.
3.2 and 3.5 Intrepid piping is all the same.
I supposed it too. But I usually verify these things (part numbers, compatibility between models...) in this site: Factory Mopar Parts - Wholesale Mopar Catalog
And for 1999 Dodge intrepid ES 3.2 and 2000 Dodge intrepid R/T 3.5, that part has different part number, and part from one is not considered compatible for the other.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I believe the pipe diameter is smaller on the 2.7L exhaust.
Agreed. Visually they look smaller but I never measured one and wasn't sure if it was just my brain telling me, "Of course it's smaller, it's from a 2.7".

·
Premium Member
16,625 Posts
You might find pipe size info. by looking up the system on an aftermarket site - you know - the system diagrams with the part numbers, clamp sizes, etc.

·
Premium Member
16,625 Posts
Dem's the ones. And below is your answer: Everything downstream of the resonator is 2-1/4" vs. 2-1/2".

Be aware that the down pipe (just after of the cat) is a different length on the 2.7 than the 3.2/3.7 (perhaps Walker intends for theirs to be cut to length).

·
Woober Goobers!
49,857 Posts
Exhausting Research!

·
Premium Member
16,625 Posts
Dem's the ones. And below is your answer: Everything downstream of the resonator is 2-1/4" vs. 2-1/2".

Be aware that the down pipe (the downstream part of the cat pipe) on the passenger side is a different length on the 2.7 than the 3.2/3.7 (perhaps Walker intends for theirs to be cut to length). I think the OEM part numbers differ on the pipes before the resonator are different Chrysler part numbers, though they may in fact be interchangeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts