DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done their own exhaust? Hes the skinny. My girlfriends dad and brother are both mechanics (unfortunately chevy and ford) and they do a massive amount of work on their own vehicals at home to the point where they have a car lift in the garage. ANYWAY, if i was to purchace a flowmaster 40, how hard would it be to just weld that in? Also does anyone have just the muffler replaced? if so is there a diagram available? I want a beefier sound without spending $250-$300.
Thanx

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Usually the back resonator is removed when the muffler gets replaced, I don't know of anybody that hasn't done that.

But you could be the first - let us know how it goes and what it sounds like ...!

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Since the Flowmaster should be a bolt-up replacement for the stock muffler you don't need to take out the resonator at all - but I don't know how much extra sound you'll get with it on there. If you wanna' stay cheap try just replacing the muffler first. You can always take the back resonator out later if you find that the sound isn't loud enough for you. If you take it out you'll need to replace it with some tubing. At that point I'd replace all the tubing from the muffler to the tip with one piece, which will have to be custom bent ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, like i say im workin with some hardcore mechanics but they dont do exhaust work, but ill see how she goes. Oh do you have a picture or diagram or know where to get one? ive searched but no luck.
Thanx a ton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts